APA-Accredited Internship In Health Service Psychology 2021-2022
Effective July 2021: the stipend for Health Service Psychology Interns has increased to $40,100.
Dear Potential Applicant,
Thank you for researching our site and considering West Virginia University's Carruth Center for Counseling and Psychological Services (CCCPS) doctoral internship program in Health Service Psychology (HSP). Our program aims to provide interns with the capstone practitioner experience at the doctoral level and prepare them for future practice as generalists in health service psychology. It has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association (APA) since 1989, and is available to eligible candidates from both counseling and clinical psychology. It is a 12-month, 2,000-hour program, and carries a minimum annual stipend of $40,100.
Before you go on to research other details of our program, I’d like to highlight what we see as some of our internship’s unique strengths:
- A warm, competent, and supportive staff who value and are passionate about training and trainees
- Two hours per week of individual supervision
- The opportunity to provide supervision to Master's students both in the fall and the spring, combined with a weekly Supervision Seminar
- An Intern Seminar, about once every other week, on a variety of clinical topics facilitated by in-house and community experienced professionals.
- A Multicultural Seminar three times per month
- An Outreach Seminar one time per month
- A Professional Development seminar three times per semester, usually beginning half-way through the fall semester to help transition to professional life after internship
- A Group Therapy Seminar three times per semester
- The opportunity to facilitate and/or co-lead groups
- The opportunity to develop an area of special emphasis
- Located in a college town with plenty of opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
Please explore our website further for additional information, including number of positions, minimum requirements for applicants, selection procedures, benefits, and our many training opportunities. The APPIC Directory also has some of this information in its website. The APPIC web site address is: www.appic.org, and our APPIC Member number is 1640. Our NMS Match Program Code Number is 164011.
At CCCPS we understand how stressful the application process can be, so we want to make the process as easy as possible for you. Check out staff bios and feel free to contact me or any other staff member with any questions you may have. And whether you decide to apply to our site or not, we want to wish you the best in the matching process and your future career endeavors.
Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to
the Commission on Accreditation:
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
American Psychological Association
750 1st St., NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979 / Email: email@example.com