The Urgent/Crisis clinic is for students experiencing a psychological emergency or are in immediate need for a same day intervention.
The CCCPS Urgent/Crisis Clinic provides same day in-person visits Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. A crisis counselor will meet with you to help problem solve, give you tips to help manage your emotional response, and safety plan.. During these hours if a student is experiencing a crisis, having trouble maintaining their emotional state, or are in need of a same day urgent appointment, they can come to the CCCPS office and check-in to the Crisis/Urgent Clinic with the front desk.
Examples of Urgent/Crisis Issues:
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm and I am not sure I can keep myself safe
- Thoughts of seriously harming another person
- Death of a loved one
- Have not slept at all in 3 or more days
- Recent physical or sexual assault, stalking, relationship violence
- Hearing voices or impaired reality
- Not being able to function due to extreme psychological distress
- Immediate overwhelming anxiety and can’t calm self down
- Worried about physical symptoms from substance or alcohol use
How to access the Crisis Clinic
- Present to the CCCPS Office on the second floor of the Health and Education Building above student health.
- Inform the administrative staff you are coming in for the Urgent/Crisis Clinic.
- You will fill out some initial paperwork. Once completed you will meet with a clinician.
Additional Crisis Resources:
Crisis Text Line
Students experiencing an after-hours crisis or emergency can access an on-call counselor by calling (304) 293-4431 and selecting option 1 or by texting “WVU” to 741741.
Students experiencing an acute crisis that warrants immediate medical attention should proceed to the nearest emergency department.