Skip to main content

and Psychiatric

Dedicated to fostering a supportive learning environment for all members of the WVU community

See what services we offer

Counseling Services  

Due to licensing restrictions, Carruth Center’s counselors are unable to provide care to students who are outside of West Virginia. If you are not in West Virginia, but want to talk with a counselor, you can use the  My SSP app; these services are free. 

If you would like assistance arranging care with a provider in your hometown, call  304-293-4431 and ask to speak with a care manager. 

If you would like to resume care when you return to campus for the spring semester, contact your Carruth counselor directly or call  304-293-4431

If you would like to begin counseling and are currently in West Virginia, call  304-293-4431 to discuss available options. 

Our Services


We provide a variety of counseling services for a wide range of student concerns. This includes individual, group counseling, couples counseling and drug or alcohol counseling.

See Counseling Services


The Carruth Center at West Virginia University has a long history of providing professional clinical training in counseling, clinical and other mental health professions.

Learn About Training


Our psychiatry staff offers outpatient evaluation and treatment for problems such as depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, and attention deficit disorder.

See Psychiatry Services

Missing being on campus and your friends?

Here are some activities where you can reconnect and recharge – virtually.

Explore Events

Get Help

Text WVU to 741741 and just... start talking

Our Location

Map showing Carruth Center location

Stay Connected with The Carruth Center