A week before classes start, a mandatory orientation is scheduled to train practicum counselors in crisis management, intake assessment, career counseling, and other training related topics including policies and procedures of the center.
During the course of the two semesters, didactic training sessions are provided during the group supervision by the center. Past topics for training sessions have included:
- Substance Abuse assessment and treatment
- Eating Disorders assessment and treatment
- Sexual Assault assessment and treatment
- Motivational Interviewing
- Diversity/Multicultural issues for the college student population