What to Expect
- You will complete some paperwork on a clipboard and fill out a digital intake form on an iPad. It's a good idea to bring your schedule, your WVU student ID card, and your WVU student ID number with you for your initial appointment.
- You will meet briefly with one of our clinicians. Most initial appointments are only about 30 minutes long.
- You will have an opportunity to talk about your reasons for visiting the Carruth Center and will be asked several questions so that the clinician can better understand your needs.
- You will be provided with information about services and treatment options which may include:
- Group Therapy
- Short-Term individual therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Referral to other services: i.e. - therapist in the community, psychiatry, Student Assistance Program, etc.
After your Initial Appointment
If you have elected to continue individual therapy with the Carruth Center, you will be contacted in the first few days after your initial appointment. Most people are contacted within seven days, although wait times do vary.
We will offer you an appointment time that we have matched with the schedule you provided at your first session. Appointment times may be weekly or every other week. It is important that you respond to any messages left within 48 business hours, or we may offer that appointment time to someone else.